POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A question about blobs : A question about blobs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  A question about blobs
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 1 Jul 2000 23:01:23
Message: <395EAFC2.B8626649@attglobal.net>
Please refer to the message entitled "car ad" in p.b.i.

I've been playing around with blobs to model a car and I am having a
little problem with making them coincide properly.  The nose of the car
is a succession of smaller cylindrical blob objects and no amount of
playing with the radius or strength of the individual oblects will do
away with the "Michelin man" appearance.  If you look at the reflection
of the mountain, you'll see what I mean.

Any ideas?  More blobs?  Bigger radii?  Stronger values?

Howard?

--
Francois Labreque | Rimmer: "Let's go to red alert!"
     flabreq      | Kryten: "Are you sure, Sir?  You realize it